Saturday, 25 April 2009

Cycling in the dark

MrT is still in his perfectcounty doing his stuff and I came home today to sort some stuff out (IE not spend the whole weekend with his Mum while he's off playing). Brother in Laws big birthday party went fine. Fairy niece and squishy nephew were gorgeous and there were lots of cuddles and puzzles (although doing the same set of four 4-piece teddy jigsaws with a 2-year old whilst lying on the floor with a hangover is not to be recommended). MrT and I had a bit of a barny (he still doesn't know what he did wrong and I still don't know why it pissed me off more than normal) but all is good now.

Anyway back to the cycling - I went to the next village (about 3miles from my house) to meet the girls that I shared a house with when I first moved here. We had dinner in the lovely pub then 4 of us cycled back to my village (they live in the city past my village). The first 2 miles from the pub are along the river cycle path and this was my first experience of cycling in the countryside in the dark - I need a bigger light! It's kind of weird cycling along hoping and praying that you don't end up in the water on one side or the nettles on the other. Still we all survived and nobody got wet.

No comments: