Today I managed a run (run 2, walk 1 for 30min) and I stretched properly this time so my legs are still working. After church and my obligatory supermarket visit I attacked the old shed. I've used half a panel that I couldn't rip apart as the base for a box and used the planks and struts to make a box to plant my courgette and squash plants in. There's a pretty crappy piece of ground under a tree at the back of our garden and our soil here is really dire so a box seemed the way to go. I need more compost before I can plant my seedlings out but I'll do that tomorrow. I'm quite chuffed with my diy skills (there were lots of nails involved)and the wee boy next door watching me out the window seemed quite amused.
Not long after my diy adventure was complete one of my colleagues who lives round the corner popped round to see if I fancied a walk so we went out for about an hour down to the river - I may now be a smidge sunburnt.
MrT is home tomorrow which will be nice and we've got his brother probably coming to stay for a bit this week, my friend at the weekend and possibly my brother for our bbq on Sat.
A why and an eavesdropping and a brief update
4 years ago
2 comments:
How do you time this, 2min and 1.30min, with a stop watch? Or with a timer? Do you have one of this big coach's sports stop watches on your neck? Seriously, if I think of running in this way it seems way to complicated, how do you find out that your 90s or 120s are up?
I just use my watch. I have really bad asthma (I take a lot of steroids) and I need to warm up gently before I can go for longer or my lungs just give up. I can cross train quite fast for much longer but running is an issue. Also at the moment the pollen here is really bad so I can't breathe through my nose most of the time and it makes me wheeze more too.
I've only just started running again and I should be able to get away from the broken up running soon.
Post a Comment