Saturday, 18 April 2009

No pain...

Today I ran for the first time in well over a year. I haven't run (or fallen forwards in a controlled fashion for an extended period of time) since I lived in the NE and that's over 18months ago now.

Anyhew I came home early from work yesterday feeling ill (I may have just been knackered) so MrT picked me up leaving my bike at work. I walked for 5min to warm up (I have veeeeeeeeeeery bad asthma) then I was going to run2min, walk2min but after the first run2min there was a bunch of traffic light controlled road crossing so it didn't really work. Once I got to the science park where work is I did run2min, walk1min covering 20min running and then walk4min, rununtilyouwanttodie and I managed 10min solid running before I thought my knees might explode. I did some stretching then cycled home.

This weekend's list:

  1. Prepare to whinge when tomorrow hurts a lot!
  2. Get MrT to go for a walk in the park before he goes to work
  3. Take inhaler next time I go for a run
  4. Make cakes and snacks for film evening with newgirlinvillage from work
  5. Make cakes for first Ranger unit meeting
  6. Wear summery clothes just because I can
  7. Cut grass
  8. Plant sweetpeas
  9. Plant more squash seeds
  10. weed potato patches
Update: MrT and I decided to walk 3 miles along the river to the next village for a spot of lunch then limped back (heels not hardened for summer shoes yet so much blisterage and bleeding). Now a small nap then perhaps start trawling recipe books for snack ideas for monday.

No comments: