Saturday, 11 April 2009

Ta da!

The finished articles:



OK so my piping needs a bit of practise but I think they look rather yummy. I do feel sick after eating so much of the butter icing whilst practising but it was worth it. Now to distribute the wealth: I said I'd take a couple round to a colleague for her wee girl and MrT has promised his team cakes for work tomorrow (only 6 of them). I might see who else I can find in the village to eat them for me once it's stopped raining (people I already know not just randoms in the street).


Just to be like JaneB a list update:

1. how to make fondant icing
2. how to make coloured fondant icing from a large batch of white (done but while I was doing the red one it did look like I'd just killed someone in the kitchen)
3. how to cover muffins with fondant
4. how to make fondant flowers and ribbons (did ribbons but not bows)
5. attempt to make animal shaped muffins (this is the least likely to happen) - I made two quite evil looking cats but not really what I intended
6. piping butter icing
7. decorating cupcakes with butter icing and coloured sugar - done but didn't really work too well
8. how to have a squillion yummy sugar based foods in the kitchen and not eat them all (this may be the hardest lesson of all) - did I mention I feel a bit ill?

2 comments:

DrL said...

Girl, you are having fun! :-)

Marmoset said...

Indeed I am - I've decided that if I can't experiment in the lab I'll do it in the kitchen. Lucky for me MrT is willing to eat pretty much anything!