Monday, 25 May 2009

Knees

I think I must hate my knees. Yesterday I ran to the next village (~2miles) along the river but my right knee really hurt all the way so I walked back in the early morning sunshine which was lovely - I even turned off my mp3 so that I could hear the birds singing and talk to the ducks. It made me realise that I live in a pretty damn nice place even if it's not always my cup of tea. I think MrT and I have spent so much time focusing on the lack of sea and hills that we missed the beautiful countryside - esp early in the morning when the tourists aren't out.

After that walk (during which I got a smidge burnt me thinks) I ditched church to spend the morning with MrT trying to get our new camping stove to work (I'll post a pic when it's working). Yes we're quite sad and got super excited about our new stove. It's actually a bit of an antique but it's never been used and it's as new. If only the bloody thing would work! Still it was fun and we were out in the garden. I was so involved in trying to light gas that I didn't put suncreen on my arms until too late and I totally bipassed my legs so now I have very sunburnt knees which hurt quite a lot. No running again until tomorrow and now I have on a very long skirt before I venture outside.

My bro's coming to stay tomorrow before a job interview (place where almost all lab chemicals come from - think red and white) so I need to a tidy up a smidge.

List time:
  • Tidy before bro visits
  • cut grass
  • read career changing book from friend
  • don't get sunburnt!
  • fix shoes - superglue may be the only way
  • fix cross-trainer
  • have bbq lunch with MrT before he goes to work
  • Plan food for rest of week
  • Book campsite for camping adventure in Wales
  • Call double glazing company

No comments: