Wednesday, 20 May 2009

Oh arse!

So today went ok boss man behaved himself and I was very cheery and careful about what I said. I ate waaaaaaaaaay too much at the lunch but it made me feel better (for a bit pre-guilt). The meeting was good but then N is an awesome academic and I always love chatting with her.

So he was back to being normal (as much as ever) and i'm watching my back (and my words).

So (sorry this is complicated) I got a text this afternoon from one of my friends (that I actually trust) saying that:

My boss' boss (lady and he really doesn't like that) asked another colleague who then asked my friend if I was ok as I'd looked upset on Monday and she was worried that Boss had upset me. Luckily my friend is supertactful and said that I had been upset but it was fine now.

It's good that she realised (I want to work for her!) but I'm now stressing that she'll speak to Boss about it because that'll make him flip. His main issue is being made to look bad to other managers (esp. if they're above him AND female). So now I'm going to have to have really awkward conversation with her tomorrow before she speaks to him so that she doesn't speak to him thus making my life hell.

2 comments:

DrL said...

What a complicated situation!

Maybe this conversation would not be that awkward. Do mention to her that you were indeed upset on Monday by your boss. I am sure she would be tactful when talking to your boss, but she needs to know what is going on.

Marmoset said...

DrL that would be the sensible option if I had a sensible boss. My boss' main anger trigger is if he thinks a member of his team has spoken to another manager about him. Even if she's nice about it he'll go mental.