Monday, 18 July 2011

WTF

MrT's twin brother is getting married a few hundred miles away on Saturday. We're all going as requested. Everyone is getting a coach to the ceremony site and back for the reception although we have always said that we would drive because of ERM being in her car seat. I honestly can't remember if I put this in the RSVP but I definitely spoke to their Mum about it when she visited. His brother has just asked MrT if we are driving - he said yes - so he said can you give Me, Bestman and Mrs Bestman a lift. MrT explained that we can't fit 5 adults and a baby seat in the car. His brother replied that if we can't take the 3 of them then we're not allowed to drive our own car and must go on the coach. Now there is no way in hell that I'm taking an 11 week old baby on a coach trip around some very very twisty lanes where she'll either have to be on my lap or me holding her car seat.

Is it wrong to say if she can't go in our car then she and I will not be attending the ceremony as I WILL not risk her life because his brother is having a tantrum (happens a lot!)?

1 comment:

JaneB said...

I certainly don't think it would be WRONG - putting her safety first is what you have to do (and avoiding lots of extra anxiety for you, of course, which is also important - disrupting the wedding by having a panic attack would be bad too!). If you repeat calmly that the only two alternatives you are able to accept are either you drive on your own or only MrT goes to the wedding, and MrT backs you up (even if he covers his own back with his relatives by saying 'well, first baby, wife a bit stressed, yes is kind of unreasonable but don't want to upset her when baby so small, after all it's not that important'), then that should be fine. Good luck! Families are hard work!